Keeping one’s house clean is the topmost priority. A major problem that homes experience is the infestation of spiders. As per Vastu Shastra, spider webs are considered inauspicious and also attract-retain negative energy. This article addresses how to get rid of spiders at home. There are also methods on how to get rid of spiders naturally, to know more about how to keep spiders away – read further.
Things we covered for you
How To Get Rid of Spiders Naturally?
It is important to understand that spiders do not usually harm anyone, but a spider bite or its venom can be fatal. Spiders rest in dark and quiet places so make sure you regularly clean all the corners of your home. Regular cleaning is the most efficient step of how to keep spiders away from home. Below are a few remedies that assist in how to get rid of spiders at home:
Read: Great Griha Pravesh or Housewarming Gift Ideas
- Essential Oils: This method of how to prevent spiders at home is one of the most relaxing options to work with. Strong scents such as peppermint act as spider repellents. This not only helps you in how to get rid of spiders at home but also leaves your home feeling fresh. Other scents that work well are lavender, rose, tea tree and cinnamon.
- Vinegar: Spiders strongly despise the scent of vinegar, and this method would work perfectly in the guide on how to get rid of spiders – home remedies. Mix 1 portion of water and 1 portion of vinegar, spray it on the infested areas and watch your house get rid of spiders.
- Eucalyptus Tree: The scent of the tree is repellent to the spiders. So, this is the solution to – how to keep spiders away from home. The perks of having this plant are that it adds to the visual appeal of a home.
- Garlic: If you have spiders at home – how to get rid of them must be your constant dilemma. But here is a solution on how to get rid of spiders at home, and it is Garlic! Garlic is easily accessible – and a very easy method to follow. Take a few minced garlic in a bottle of water and mix well. Now spray this mixture onto the cracks of the walls and all the areas that you want free of spiders.
How To Get Rid of Spider Webs Inside the House?
According to Vastu Shastra, spider webs attract and retain negative energy. Keeping a clean house sets a tone for your life and is a healthier environment for you to live in. Below is a list of how to avoid spider webs in the home:
Read: Save 1000’s On Repairs by Spotting These Signs of Water Damage in Your Home
- Regular Cleaning: Make sure you tidy up your house regularly. And an assured way on how to get rid of spiders in the house – rearrange the constituents of your home once in a while. Ever wondered- how to get rid of spider webs inside the house? Then dusting is the answer for you. The dusting of your home not only keeps away the spiders but also insects that you may be highly allergic to.
- Water: If you are wondering how to get rid of spider webs (outdoors) at home, then water is the way to go. You can spray the spider webs down with a water hose. And an added bonus to this is that your house gets a good clean up.
- Professional Help: If your house has a serious outbreak and you cannot deal with the question of how to get rid of spiders at home, then hiring professional help is the way to go. From them, you can also get tips on how to prevent spider webs in the house or how to eliminate spiders from home.
- Vacuum: Where your hand or broomstick cannot reach, there the Vacuum comes into action. Daily vacuuming can be a hard task, but a weekly session of it can help you stay on top of how to keep away spiders from your home.
How To Get Rid of Spider Mites in Home?
Spider mites may not be harmful to humans, but they are poisonous to plants. Even though their life cycle is small, they reproduce very quickly. It is important to know how to get rid of spider mites, and here is a list for you on how to get rid of spider mites naturally or using pesticides:
Read: Perfect Silver Gifts for a Griha Pravesh
- Hot Peppers: Extract or juice from peppers such as cayenne, bell pepper, jalapeno and chili can be used to repel spider mites. Experiments have proven that this natural method also works on how to kill spiders at home. You can either DIY your own pepper repellent or order one online.
- Dish Soap: Another easier and more accessible method on how to deal with spider mites is to mix 3 tablespoons of dish soap with 3.5 litres of water. Store the solution in a bottle and spray on the infested plants weekly or as required.
- Pesticides: This is a sure shot method on how to prevent spiders and spider mites in your house. You can easily get a pesticide in the market, spray it on infested plants and areas as instructed. Make sure to keep the container away from children.
Now you know how to get rid of spiders at home and how to get rid of spider mites naturally. Spider infestation is not a favourable environment for a house to exist in. Looking for your dream house that is free of all negative energy and spider webs/ spider mites? Head to NoBroker to find curated homes just for you.
Read: Give A Twist to Your Kitchen with These 15 Island Kitchen Design Ideas
Ans. If they are not your pets then they can be dangerous creatures to co-exist with. Usually, spiders do not harm humans, but a few are poisonous and sometimes fatal.
Ans. Yes, the scent acts as a repellent to spiders, and they avoid going anywhere that has this scent.
Ans. Spider mites usually infest outdoor plants such as tomatoes, melons, fruit trees or strawberries.
Ans. Not really, usually the hot (spicy) peppers work on getting rid of or prevent infestation of spider mites.
Ans. An inexpensive method on how to get rid of spider webs inside the house is toregularly clean and dust the corners of your home.