Your bedroom is the place where you spend your private time alone or with your dear one. This is the place where you can relieve yourself of stress from the entire day and rejuvenate yourself for another one. Consider incorporating two-colour combinations for bedroom walls to add depth and visual interest.
Things we covered for you
When decorating your bedroom, careful consideration is essential. Opting for two-colour combinations for bedroom walls adds depth to the interior. Monochrome colours are now considered dull and lack the charm needed for a calm and happy atmosphere.
Read: Painting Service in Gurgaon
Modern interior decorators prefer dual colours as they can reflect moods effectively. Vibrant and lively colour combinations can revitalise your mood and eliminate the monotony of a single colour.
Bedroom Wall Colour Combinations and their Significance
When it comes to bedroom wall color combinations, the options are endless. But, the significance of the color you choose cannot be ignored. The color of your bedroom walls can have a big impact on your mood, energy levels, and overall well-being. Here are a few popular color combinations and the significance they hold:
- Blue and white: Blue is a calming color that promotes relaxation and tranquility. When paired with white, it creates a clean and refreshing look. This double colour combination for bedroom is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes peaceful sleep and relaxation.
- Gray and yellow: Gray is a neutral color that promotes balance and harmony. When paired with yellow, it creates a warm and inviting look. This 2 color combination for bedroom is perfect as it promotes a sense of calm and serenity.
- Pink and green: Pink is a soothing color that promotes comfort and warmth. When paired with green, it creates a fresh and lively look. This double colour paint for bedroom is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes a sense of calm and rejuvenation.
- Black and white: Black and white are classic color choices that create a timeless and sophisticated look. This color combination is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes a sense of elegance and sophistication.
The color of your bedroom walls plays a big role in your mood, energy levels, and overall well-being. So, choose a color combination that promotes the mood you want to achieve in your bedroom.
Tips for Two Colour Combination Bedroom Wall
Two color combination bedroom walls are a great way to add interest and depth to a room. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose colors that complement each other: When choosing two colors for your bedroom walls, make sure they complement each other. This can be achieved by choosing colors that are next to each other on the color wheel, such as blue and green, or by choosing colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel, such as red and green.
- Use one color as the dominant color: When using two colors for your bedroom walls, use one color as the dominant color and the other as an accent color. This will create a cohesive look and prevent the room from feeling too busy.
- Use pattern and texture to add interest: Use pattern and texture to add interest to your two color combination bedroom walls. This can be achieved by using a patterned wallpaper or a textured paint finish on one of the walls.
- Play with proportions: Play with proportions to create a sense of balance. For example, use the dominant color on two walls and the accent color on one wall.
- Have fun: Have fun with it and don’t be afraid to experiment with different color combinations. As the famous movie quote goes “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”
Understanding Cool and Warm Colour Categories
Cool colours, including blues, greens, and purples, are known for their calming and soothing properties when used as bedroom paint. Scientifically, these colours have a shorter wavelength and lower intensity, which creates a visual effect of receding and spaciousness. They can help lower heart rate and blood pressure, promoting relaxation and restful sleep.
Read: 10 Stunning False Ceiling Color Combinations That Will Blow Your Mind
Cool colours work well in bedrooms with ample natural light, as they enhance the feeling of freshness and openness, making them suitable for those seeking a peaceful and tranquil environment.
On the other hand, warm colours like reds, oranges, and yellows, can bring energy and warmth to a bedroom. These colours have a longer wavelength and higher intensity, evoking a sense of cosiness and intimacy. Warm colours are known to stimulate emotions and increase energy levels. They work best in bedrooms with less natural light or a desire for a more intimate ambience.
When considering two tint bedroom paint combinations, it’s important to understand the effect of colour temperature. Combining cool and warm colours can create visual interest and balance. Here are some examples:
- Combination: Light cool blue with warm neutral beige
- Offers a harmonious blend of tranquillity and warmth.
- Creates a serene and inviting atmosphere.
- Suitable for those who want a balanced and relaxing bedroom.
- Combination: Cool green with warm golden yellow
- Creates a vibrant and energetic atmosphere.
- Ideal for those who seek a cheerful and lively bedroom space.
- Consider the size and lighting conditions of the room, as warm colours can make a small space feel smaller.
Here’s a comparison between warm and cool colours
|Comparison Parameter||Warm Colours||Cool Colours|
|Mood and Atmosphere||Evokes cosiness and intimacy||Promotes calmness and relaxation|
|Visual Effect||Creates a warm and energetic ambience||Provides a sense of spaciousness and serenity|
|Emotional Response||Stimulates emotions and increases energy levels||Lowers heart rate and blood pressure, promoting restful sleep|
|Ideal Lighting||Works well in bedrooms with less natural light||Enhances bedrooms with ample natural light|
|Room Size Perception||Can make a small space feel cosier||Can make a small space feel more open and airy|
|Suitable for||Those desiring a vibrant and lively bedroom||Those seeking a tranquil and peaceful environment|
|Examples of Colours||Reds, oranges, yellows||Blues, greens, purples|
Ultimately, the choice between cool and warm colour combinations depends on personal preference and the desired mood for the bedroom. Consider factors such as natural light, room size, and the desired emotional response to make an informed decision that aligns with your vision for a restful and inviting bedroom environment.
Simple Two-colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
1. Indigo and White
Though the colour blue has always been the favourite colour for bedroom walls for a long time, indigo can add more vibrancy to your walls. The 2 colour combination for bedroom with these are proven to be soothing and relaxing. Indigo provides warmth to your room, and when it is paired with white, your room will look sophisticated and cosy.
2. Peaches and Cream
How about capturing the feeling of summer inside your bedroom? It is warm and bright, right? Get a touch of the colour peach on your bedroom walls, and add in a bit of white to sober the brightness of the colour. White can keep balance, while peach uplifts your mood every morning.
3. Creams and Coral
Do you want a royal touch to your bedroom? You can turn it into an elegant corner of your house by having these two colours on the wall. The delicacy and smooth appearance of these two colours can turn your bedroom into the most relaxing zone of your home. Make sure you use grey curtains to maintain that even tone in your room.
Yellow Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
4. Green And Yellow
Green and yellow have a luxurious air about them. This two-colour combination for bedroom walls will add a touch of sophistication to your home, and if the colours are proportioned well, they will also give off a vintage vibe. Emerald green is also a good choice, however with such a dark tint, a light lemon-yellow wall paint is recommended. Light colour two colour combination for bedroom walls are always a great choice for any space you want to make appear larger.
5. White and Burnt Yellow
If you are painting the walls of your parents’ bedroom, this can be the perfect colour combination you can choose from the colour palette. You need colours that won’t be torture to their eyes and senses. There should always be calmness and a soothing effect that can work for the betterment of their health. To have a good night’s sleep, this combination is perfect.
Brown Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
6. Brown and Cream
Brown is another colour that is off-beat when it comes to the colour of the bedroom walls. But when it is combined with cream, it can lend an elegant, chic look to your bedroom. If you are using brown, be selective while choosing the shade. Talk to experts before using it. Also, make sure you choose the right furniture in your bedroom to complement it.
7. Light Brown and Muted Green
Not all bedroom wall colour combinations are vibrant and colourful. Sometimes you need a space where you can relieve all the grievances of your heart. Too many pulsating colours can be a pain to you then. If you have two bedrooms, you can go for this colour combination in one bedroom to make it subtle and subdued. You will feel calm and composed there if you are having a turbulent moment in life.
8. Brown and Orange
This is another deadly combination, and you have to be very careful while using it. Try to use burnt orange instead of the fruity shades of it. This colour scheme is adorable, and you can make it look more fascinating if you have artistic work on a wall.
Grey Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
9. Purple and Grey
This is another paint combination for the walls of your bedroom that can give you a regal ambience. The bold shade of purple can add liveliness to the room, while grey can subdue the overbright effect of purple. Make sure you can go for bigger furniture and other details to have a larger-than-life touch in your bedroom.
Purple Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
10. Burnt Orange and Purple
How about trying a smoky and sultry combination? You can go for it if you use burnt orange and purple. The look is quite satisfying and equally exciting. To fire up your sensuality, this colour combination plays an important role! As both the colours are of a deeper tone, it will make your bedroom look like an emperor’s room.
Orange Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
11. Charcoal and Burnt Orange
If you’re looking for a modern yet gender-neutral colour combination for your bedroom walls, then try Charcoal and Burnt Orange. It gives the room a bit of brightness and cheers along with making the place look modern and neat.
12. Orange and Tan
This combination will look like a fruit basket. These two colours can blend perfectly and create the best colour combination for the bedroom. If you are a dreamy person and want your bedroom to be like a world of your fantasy, you can always go for these hues. Use the undertone of both colours to get the best tone.
Aqua Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
13. Aquamarine and white
You can’t go wrong with blues and whites for your bedroom walls, a crisp white with a pale blue, or a crisp white with a bold blue, or even a more modern aquamarine and white will look stunning on your bedroom walls.
14. Aqua and Raspberry
Pink and blue seem like very opposing colours, but when you pick a cool blue and add pops of colour, like a bold raspberry it can create a very fun and vibrant space. If you were to do up a kid’s bedroom or even your own bedroom, this bedroom colour scheme is something that you can try.
Lavender Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
15. Lavender and Yellow
Finally, this colour combination is traditional yet interesting for all kinds of bedrooms. Use the creamy shade of yellow with the softer hue of lavender to bring elegance and sophistication to your rooms.
16. Lavender and off-white
Lavender, the colour and the fragrance are calming and known to induce a good night’s rest. If you’re looking to add colours to your bedroom wall that are calming and help you unwind, then lavender and off white are a great combination. This is also a popular colour combination for many living rooms too.
Green Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
17. Lime green and pink
If you’re looking to bring some energy and a sense of rejuvenation into your bedroom then, you can choose these two colours. These two colours need to have the right hue, or you could go very wrong with this latest room colour combination if in doubt, seek help from a designer first before trying it out.
18. Green and Yellow
Yellow has always been a favourite colour when it comes to the colour you should choose for the walls of your bedroom or any other room. This colour can make your rooms look spacious and brighter. If you are looking for the best colour for bedroom walls, you can go for the combination of lime green with yellow, to bring a piece of spring inside your room. If your room is small, keep the ceiling white.
Blue Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
19. Light Blue and Yellow
Make sure you use the vibrant shade of yellow and the light shade of blue to create an excellent ambience in your bedroom. This is a colour combination that can lift your mood instantly and also make your bedroom look more spacious and more prominent.
20. Blue and Orange
These two colours can go well together. The bright hue of orange with the darker shade of royal blue can make your room a delight. If you go for this combination, make sure that the furniture is of light shades, especially white. In this combination, you are using a jewel tone with a brighter colour that makes your room look bigger and brighter.
Red Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
21. Red and Yellow
Are you confused about this combination? Don’t be, as this is the perfect colour combination to add a bohemian look to your bedroom. If that defines you the most, you can go for this room wall colour combination. The shade of red should be subdued while the yellow has to be mellow to create proper harmony in your bedroom.
22. Blue and Royal Red
You need real guts to go for this combination as a small mistake can destroy the look of your bedroom. And what happens if everything goes right? This can be the envy of your visitors! Use the jewel tone of red to bring brightness to your room and let the contrasting blue calm your senses after a hectic day. You can go for this combination for your master bedroom.
Pink Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
23. Green and Pink
Both of the colours have their lustre to make your room look sophisticated. When it comes to a two-colour combination for bedroom walls, you can always try the shades of these two colours to make your room look more natural and beautiful. Pink Colour Combinations always makes your room look classy, while green brings a touch of elegance.
Master Bedroom Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
23. Beige and Lush Green
These two combinations are among the best ones if you want earthy tones in your bedrooms. Lush green walls can add freshness to your bedroom while the earthly tone of beige can keep the balance. To experiment with the earthly tone, you can also colour the bedroom walls with a combination of cream and muted greens or warm greys.
24. Burgundy and Beige
Are you going to get married soon? You can paint your bedroom with this combination to fire up the chemistry between you and your spouse. The warm tone of burgundy can keep you excited, while the beige provides a soothing effect to your eyes. Such a colour combination is alluring.
25. Peach and Black
Peach is a versatile, warm and easy colour to pair with almost any colour, but when you choose a bold and daring colour like black, the results are stunning. Black almost instantly adds a touch of sophistication to this lovely peach bedroom making the accent wall stand out and adding style to the room.
26. Deep Blue and Neutrals
This two-colour combination for bedroom walls works well for all bedrooms. You can choose them for all age groups. Plus, with these good 2 colour combinations for walls, there is a lot of room for you to experiment with interior design options.
How to Choose the Best Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls?
You can balance the colours and bring your creative side to life with the appropriate two-colour combination for bedroom walls. You can use dramatic colours like red or grey and balance them up with white, perhaps on some of the walls.
Similarly, there are a variety of colour combinations to choose from in your bedroom – one colour should always be darker or lighter than the other. Read the distinct two categories to help you make the right choice of colours.
Bold colours, unlike in the past, are now widely welcomed by people all over the world. They operate invisibly to make a statement and help you achieve your home décor goals. Furthermore, let’s say you enjoy antique and classic components in the corners of your bedroom or other rooms. In that scenario, these bright hues are a fantastic match for each of these pieces.
The bright colours make a statement, while the subtle colours provide the room with a refreshing, cooling, and calming impression. They are the ideal colour combination for those who prefer a simple yet elegant look on their walls. Furthermore, each mild colour has the potential to lighten the area and make it feel pleasant, energetic, and summery at any time of year.
Popular Bedroom Wall Colour Combinations and their Significance
When it comes to bedroom wall colour combinations, the options are endless. But, the significance of the colour you choose cannot be ignored.
The colour of your bedroom walls can have a big impact on your mood, energy levels, and overall well-being. Here are a few popular colour combinations and the significance they hold:
- Blue and white: Blue is a calming colour that promotes relaxation and tranquillity. When paired with white, it creates a clean and refreshing look. This double-colour combination for the bedroom is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes peaceful sleep and relaxation.
- Grey and yellow: Gray is a neutral colour that promotes balance and harmony. When paired with yellow, it creates a warm and inviting look. This 2 colour combination for the bedroom is perfect as it promotes a sense of calm and serenity.
- Pink and green: Pink is a soothing colour that promotes comfort and warmth. When paired with green, it creates a fresh and lively look. This double-shade wall paint for the bedroom is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes a sense of calm and rejuvenation.
- Black and white: Black and white are classic colour choices that create a timeless and sophisticated look. This colour combination is perfect for a bedroom as it promotes a sense of elegance and sophistication.
- Purple and Gray: Purple is often associated with luxury and spirituality, while grey is a calming and neutral colour. Together, they create a harmonious and serene atmosphere in the bedroom. This combination is ideal for creating a tranquil and sophisticated space.
- Teal and Coral: Teal is a soothing colour reminiscent of the ocean, while coral adds a vibrant and energetic touch. This combination brings a sense of balance and invigorating warmth to the bedroom. It is perfect for those who want to create a cheerful and lively atmosphere.
- Beige and Sage Green: Beige is a versatile and calming colour, while sage green represents growth and harmony. This combination exudes a natural and earthy vibe, bringing a sense of relaxation and peace to the bedroom. It is an excellent choice for those who prefer a soft and natural colour palette.
The colour of your bedroom walls plays a big role in your mood, energy levels, and overall well-being. So, choose a colour combination that promotes the mood you want to achieve in your bedroom.
Tips for Best Two-Colour Combination for Bedroom Wall
Two-colour combination bedroom walls are a great way to add interest and depth to a room. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose colours that complement each other: When choosing two colours for your bedroom walls, make sure they complement each other. This can be achieved by choosing colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel, such as blue and green, or by choosing colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel, such as red and green.
- Use one colour as the dominant colour: When using two colours for your bedroom walls, use one colour as the dominant colour and the other as an accent colour. This will create a cohesive look and prevent the room from feeling too busy.
- Use pattern and texture to add interest: Use pattern and texture to add interest to your two-colour combination bedroom walls. This can be achieved by using a patterned wallpaper or a textured paint finish on one of the walls.
- Play with proportions: Play with proportions to create a sense of balance. For example, use the dominant colour on two walls and the accent colour on one wall.
- Have fun: Have fun with it and don’t be afraid to experiment with different colour combinations. As the famous movie quote goes “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”
So, there you go with the best two-colour combination for bedroom walls and ceilings that you can choose for your home. Painting is not the last thing you can do to your room, but you need to adjust the furniture and other details so that your room looks magnificent. You can also check the best colour combination for your house blog for more ideas.
Check Out Other Colour Combination Blogs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. This is a very common question that most people have, a bedroom is a special place made for rest and relaxation so having the right colour here is very important. This article lists a bunch of colours that you can use as a combination or even as a single colour for your bedroom walls.
Ans. The most soothing and relaxing colours are colours like light blue, baby pink or dusty pink, whites or creams, light lavender, muted grey, and even turquoise. You can combine these colours with others to truly transform your bedroom and make it absolutely relaxing, this article will help with more ideas.
Ans. The colour that can help you sleep and even improve your sleep is blue! It is a colour that you can perceive better due to receptors in your retinas called ganglion cells. These cells are most sensitive to the colour blue and hence alert your brain to tell it that you are in a calm environment. Once your brain receives the message that the environment is calm and safe, your body will lower your heart rate and blood pressure and hence aid it in better sleep.
Ans. After blue the colours that you can use in your bedroom to improve sleep are yellow, green, silver and orange.
Ans. Purple, grey, brown and red are found to be colours that are not conducive to a good night’s sleep. However, it also depends on how much of the colour is used and what is their combination with other colours.