Post Question
Home / Home Services / AC Services / Is 1 Ton Ac Enough For 150 Sq ft?
Q.

Is 1 Ton Ac Enough For 150 Sq ft?

Comment

Answers

Hi, 

Last summer was pretty hectic for me as my AC wasn't cooling the room properly. I wanted to get it checked before getting a new one, so I hired a technician from

NoBroker AC Services

. The technician informed me that my AC capacity is 0.8 tons. I asked him is 1 ton AC enough for 150 sq ft?. 

Is 1 Ton AC Sufficient For 150 Sq Ft?

The technician told me that 1 ton AC is indeed sufficient for a 150 sq ft room. He, however, did mention that the heat may have some impact on the performance of the AC. He said that

Ton

in AC doesn’t mean the weight of the AC, but it simply refers to the capacity of the AC to remove heat from a room. 

He used an example to explain it. He told me that a 1-ton AC is equivalent to 1 ton of ice, which can cool a room for 24 hours without melting down. So, the higher the ton of an AC, the higher its cooling power. 

He also provided me with a chart to understand an AC's capacity to the room's size before getting a 1 ton AC for 150 sq ft. 

Size Of Room (Sq ft) Capacity Of AC (Tons)

I hope this answers your question “is 1 ton ac enough for 150 sq ft”. 

Read More How Many Ton AC Unit for 2500 sq ft 
0 2024-05-09T17:33:40+00:00

I am planning to buy a new AC for my study room. Hence, I asked my uncle, an AC technician, what the optimal capacity was for 150 sq ft room AC. He informed me that a 1 ton AC can be the best choice to cool the rooms up to 150. Read on to know more. 

How much Ton AC Required for 150 Square Feet?

If you want to have a nice summer without going over budget, it's crucial to choose an air conditioner with the appropriate capacity. I completely agree with Anthony Mascarenhas' response. A 1 ton air conditioner can cool the room of 150 to 160 square feet with moderate to low sunlight. It can cool whether the area you are working in is small or average in size.

When choosing AC power, space dimensions are the most important factor to take into account. The larger your space, the more electricity you'll need to get the necessary cooling effects.

As per my uncle, the insulation of the space, the height of the ceiling, and the number of windows can all have an impact on how well the air conditioner cools a room. For a 150 square foot room with standard insulation and ceiling height, a 1-ton air conditioner will more than suffice.

I hope this answers your query, can I use 1 ton AC in 150 sqft room.

Get Your 1 Ton AC Installed for Uninterrupted Cooling via NoBroker AC Service. Read more -

How many square feet will a 1 ton AC cover?

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Recently Published Questions

Most Viewed Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Flat 25% on Painting | Top Quality Paints | Professional Tools | Verified Partners
X
Home Cleaning Starting ₹359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
X
Enjoy hassle-free on time movement of your household goods.
X
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
X
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
X
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
X