Post Question
Home / Home Services / AC Services / How Many Ton AC Unit for 2500 sq ft?
Q.

How Many Ton AC Unit for 2500 sq ft?

Comment

Answers

Hi Sunil, I can tell you how many ton AC for 2500 sq ft is required. I have a flat in Delhi with a similar area and was looking for information on the right tonnage of AC, which should be installed in such an area. I found that

an AC with a tonnage of 3-4 tons is sufficient for a house with an area of 2,500 square feet in India

Now, there are certain determiners that will help you decide the actual tonnage needed for your house.

How to Determine the AC Tonnage for 2500 Sq Ft Area?ย 

1. You first need to keep in mind the overall climate of your area. For example, if you live in a city with a hot climate like Delhi, you might need a 4-ton AC. On the other hand, if you live in Bangalore, where the temperature is not that high, you can go with a 3-ton AC.

2. Another thing you should look at is the floor on which you live and wish to install the AC. This is important to determine whether the room is exposed to direct sunlight or not.

3. The last thing to check is the position of the windows in the room. The direction of the windows in comparison to the wall where the AC would be installed is crucial. This would tell you about the ventilation and air circulation.

Apart from these three factors, Rishika has mentioned some more points in her answer to your question. So, you can have a look at those, too.ย 

This is all from my end regarding how many ton AC do I need for 2500 square feet. I hope this helps you.

Find Skilled AC Technicians for Installation via NoBroker AC Servicing! Some related information:

Which is Best Split Air Conditioner for Residence?ย 

4 2023-06-30T11:43:39+00:00

You cannot buy an AC without knowing the square foot of your house. You must calculate the area of the space and install an AC accordingly. We wanted to install an AC in a space of 2500 sq ft but I was failing to figure out how many ton AC unit for 2500 sq ft. I then visited a shop and asked the shopkeeper to help me out. He simply said a minimum of 3 ton AC would be required for it. But there are some other factors that must be considered as well.ย 

How many tons AC for 2500 sq ft house?

Before explaining how many tons will be required for 2500 sq ft, let me share what factors will be considered for it-

• Temperature of the place

• Whether the wall where you are planning to install the AC receives direct sunlight or not

• How many windows you have in that area

• Number of people living in the house

• Goods present in the house and more

The more people, goods, and sunlight, the number of tons of AC will increase. But in general, you can follow a simple formula to know how many tons AC for 2500 sq ft house. Here it is-

Find the volume of the room (Length X Breadth X Height) and then divide the volume by 1,000

So 2500 sq ft of space will need 2500/1000 = 2.5 ton of AC

But if you think your space is congested with goods or receives direct sunlight, go for 3 ton AC. Here is a chart of sq ft and ton of AC required.ย 

Areaย  Tonย 

450 to 550

1 Ton

550 to 700

1.5 Tons

700 to 1,000

1.5 Tons

1,000 to 1,200

2 Tons

1,200 to 1,400

2 Tons

1,400 to 1,500

2 Tons

1,500 to 2,000

2.5 Ton

2,000 to 2,500

3 Ton

These details really helped me figure out how many ton AC unit for 2500 sq ft and I opted for a 3 Ton. So you decide how much ton you need and get it installed.

AC servicing at low cost by professionals. Click here to book now Get your AC installed by the professionals of NoBrokerย 

Read More:

How to shift split AC? How to Clean Hitachi Window AC Filter? How Much Does it Cost to Replace Window? Which AC is Best Window or Split?

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Flat 25% on Painting | Top Quality Paints | Professional Tools | Verified Partners
Home Cleaning Starting โ‚น359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
Enjoy hassle-free on time movement of your household goods.
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto โ‚น10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |