icons

Login / Sign up

Zero Brokerage.

Thousands of new listings daily.

100 Cr+ Brokerage saved monthly.

Enter phone to continue

Change Phone
Get updates on WhatsApp

Experience The NoBrokerHood Difference!

Set up a demo for the entire community

Thank You For Submitting The Form
Q.

How Much Home Loan can I Get on 38000 Salary?

view 380 Views

3

1 Year

Comment

whatsapp [#222222128] Created with Sketch. Send
Summary
On a salary of ₹38,000 per month, you can typically expect to get a home loan of around ₹19 lakh to ₹22.8 lakh. Lenders often use a multiplier method, allowing loans up to 60 times your net monthly income, meaning ₹38,000 multiplied by 60 equals ₹22.8 lakh. Additionally, your Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) should not exceed 50% to 60% of your monthly income. This estimated loan amount assumes you have no existing EMIs or other financial obligations, a good credit history, and that lenders exclude allowances when calculating your income. The loan tenure can be up to 30 years, and interest rates typically range from 8.5% to 15% or higher, depending on your creditworthiness. Using an online home loan eligibility calculator is recommended for a precise figure based on your specific financial situation.
0 2026-07-22T09:24:30+00:00

If your monthly salary is Rs. 38,000, you may get a home loan of around Rs. 18.73 lakhs. However, the final loan amount depends on factors like your credit score, age, monthly expenses, existing EMIs, employer, and the lender's policy. 

  1. If you do not have any ongoing loans or credit card dues, your chances of getting a higher loan amount improve. 

  2. The interest rate usually starts from 9.25% and can go up to 15% or more, depending on your eligibility and the lender. 

  3. Most banks and housing finance companies offer a repayment tenure of up to 180 months (15 years) or more, which helps reduce your monthly EMI.

How to Improve Your Home Loan Eligibility?

  1. Pay your loan EMIs and credit card bills on time to maintain a good credit score. 

  2. Clear existing debts whenever possible because lower financial obligations increase your borrowing capacity. 

  3. If possible, increase your income through salary growth or an additional source of income. 

  4. You can also apply with a co-applicant who has a stable income and a good credit score. 

  5. Finally, maintain a stable job and choose a loan tenure that gives you an EMI you can comfortably afford. 

These steps can improve your chances of getting a higher home loan amount. I hope you know now how much home loan can I get on 38000 salary.

Get Fast Approval and Quick Disbursement of Your Home Loan via NoBroker.

Recently, one of my cousins asked me how much home loan can I get on 38000 salary. During research, I found lenders usually allow home loans up to 60 times your net monthly income (multiplier method). Apart from this, EMIs are capped at 50% to 60% of monthly income. Applying that to Rs 38,000:

Loan amount = Rs 38,000 × 60 = Rs 22,80,000, i.e., roughly Rs 22.8 lakh.

Banks allow a maximum loan tenure of up to 30 years, making this loan affordable at typical interest rates around 8.5% to 9% p.a. With no other EMIs or obligations, the EMI would likely remain within Rs 19,000 to Rs 22,000. It is 50% of Rs 38,000 and within the acceptable EMI cap. 

Of course, this estimate assumes no existing EMIs, clean credit history, and that allowances (like medical or LTA) are excluded by lenders when assessing income. You can use the online eligibility calculator to get the exact loan amount.

Secure Your Dream Home at Lowest Interest Rate with NoBroker Home Loan.


In 2021, I planned to avail a home loan from Axis Bank. As my salary was 38,000, so to ensure the total amount I would get, I contacted my bank manager. I asked him, how much home loan can I get on 38000 salary? He said I could get a loan of around Rs. 19 lakhs. He further added, this amount varies based on several aspects which I mentioned below for you.

How much Housing Loan can I Get with 38,000 Salary?

My bank manager said, you may be eligible for a home loan of approximately Rs. 19 lakhs if you don’t have any existing financial obligations like EMIs or outstanding credit card dues. It also depends on the interest rate, which is usually between 9.25% p.a. to 15% p.a or higher, based on your credit history and exact loan amount. 

I am sharing the amount I received after availing a home loan from the Axis Bank.

Loan Amount

Rs. 18.73 lakhs

Interest Rate

9.25% p.a. onwards

Tenure

180 months

I would highly recommend you use a home loan eligibility calculator to get the exact amount. All you need to do is enter some requested details like your monthly income, any existing EMIs, and age. After a few minutes, you will get the loan amount and other eligibility details.

That’s how I could figure out my eligibility. I hope this will help you too.

Avail Home Loans at Low Interest Rates and Minimum Documentation from NoBroker Housing Loans!

Read more

How to Calculate Home Loan Eligibility in HDFC Bank?




Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners