The Government of India time and again comes up with schemes/plans to help its citizens. One such Yojna or scheme is that of E-Awas. Everyone understands the importance of owning a home or having a roof over one’s head. We know that employees of the central government have to move from one place to the other to serve the needs of the country. This is why the government in many ways ensures its support to its workers by offering them the E-Awas Delhi govt. housing Yojana. E-Awas eligibility criteria differ from state to state, and also on the income of the employee. E-Awas Delhi features its own set of rules, to know more – read further.
Things we covered for you
What is E- Awas?
The government came up with the Yojana – General Pool Residential Accommodation (GRPA) to provide its employee’s affordable homes. Only central government employees are eligible for this scheme. The provisions of how these residential houses will be allotted are laid down in the Allotment of Government Residential Rules, 1963. The Union Housing minister allocated houses through an online portal – E-Sampada. This is available in Delhi and 31 stations outside of Delhi, which includes Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, etc. E-Awas Delhi Directorate of States manages the whole process of allotment.
Read: Best localities to Live near Bagmane Tech Park
E-Awas is an electronic tool that the Government uses so as to ensure a fair, secure, and corruption-free method of house allotment to the central government employees. This software was majorly developed so as to ensure a hassle and paper-free process. E-Awas online forms are easily accessible on the online portal. At present, there are more than 65000 housing units. Through the Delhi government E-Awas, the Directorate of Estates – Delhi allots the houses fairly. E-Awas Delhi is the main source that handles the whole process.
Grade Pay and Accommodation Entitled Through E-Awas Delhi
|Residence Type||Basic pay/Grade Pay (Rs)|
|I||1,300, 1,400, 1,600, 1,650 and 1,800|
|II||1,900, 2,000, 2,400 and 2,800|
|III||4,200, 4,600 and 4,800|
|IV||5,400 to 6,600|
|V-A (D-II)||7,600 and 8000|
|V-B (D-I)||8,700 and 8,900|
|VI-B (C-I)||67,000 to 74,999|
|VII||75,000 to 79,999|
|VIII||80,000 and above|
Priority for Accommodation Allotment – E-Awas Delhi
|Type of accommodation||Priority factor|
|Lower type – i.e., Type-I, II, III, IV||Service joining date with the government of India.|
|Higher types of accommodation – i.e., Type IV (Special) to VI||1) Officer’s Grade Pay. 2) The applicant’s current grade pays and the date since when has he been drawing this current pay. 3) Basic pay – i.e., officers who have higher pay (earn more) shall have seniority on the waiting list. 4) Service joining date. 5) If two (or more) officers have the same priority date, basic pay and date of joining in the service, the officers retiring earlier will be accorded higher priority.|
How to Register on E-Awas Delhi
E-Awas Delhi central govt online portal is made tech-friendly so that E-Awas Delhi employees can access information easily. Below is the step-by-step process of how you can get yourself registered online.
- Go to the official Delhi E-Awas website – https://esampada.mohua.gov.in/
- Go to the registration link and insert your 10 digits mobile number. Make sure to give a number to which you have access, as you will soon receive a message for verification. It is a Delhi Govt E-Awas, therefore, you need not put the country code (+91) before it.
- Next, enter your 12 digits Aadhar Number.
- Now employee’s name has to be entered, it has to be the one that is registered and used in your workspace.
- After this, you will be asked to create a login ID, and the password will be sent to your mobile number (same as mentioned above). You can then, later on, change the password at your convenience.
- The last step is to fill in the service joining date.
E-Awas New Delhi has made the site fairly accessible and easy to use. Now, E-Sampada Login Delhi is at your disposal as need be.
Read: All the Information You Need to Know About Co-Living Spaces in India
Application Through E-Awas Delhi
‘Automate System Allotment’ (ASA) directs all the applications that are applied via E-Awas Delhi. The application should only be filled or made after transfer or joining at any assigned Central government post. The website of E-Awas Directorate of Estates New Delhi has the feature of ASA in a few featured cities and the form DE-2 has to be applied. An Aadhar Card is a must to fill this application. E-Sampada Delhi, the online portal is easy to use and below is the step-by-step explanation of the procedure:
- The article has already discussed in detail the procedure of E-Awas Delhi login. Now use the same Login ID and Password to fill the DE-2 form.
- Take a clear print of this form and send it to the Director of Estates office, Delhi.
- The application will be activated with E-Awas New Delhi once the form has been submitted and will be added to the waiting list. You can then move on to make changes or clarification as to what kind of house you require.
Eligibility to Apply for E-Awas Delhi
The list below states the eligibility criteria for the purpose of GPRA within Delhi through E-Awas Delhi government:
Read: Would You Buy or Rent a House Without a Visit?
- Cabinet Committee on Accommodation (CCA) must approve the applicant’s location in Delhi.
- Applicant should be employed by any of the central government’s offices (or subordinate office).
- Consolidated Fund of India should be from where the Applicant withdraws their salary.
- The department that the applicant works for should not have its own pool of accommodation for its employees.
- The office of the applicant must be inside the NCT Delhi boundary.
- The Ministry’s Joint Secretary should approve the application and then it must be forwarded to E-Awas Delhi Directorate Office.
E-Awas Delhi Contact Details:
- Website Information – For any application, registration and bidding-related query; applicants can write to email@example.com. To directly get across to queries to the Directorates of Estates (E-Awas Delhi) write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E-Awas Delhi Contact Number – 011-23022199, 23062231, 23061319
- Office Location/Address of E-Awas – Room No. 007 (Ground Floor), Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
The government of India has very well-planned the scheme of GRPA. E-Awas Delhi has been doing a fair job by providing housing/residential accommodation to the central government employees. The above article in detail explains what E-Awas Delhi is and how it works. If you still have queries, you can find all your answers on NoBroker Forum from here. If you are looking for a house in Delhi, just click below.
Read: 5 Easy Steps to Rent Your Home in India
Ans. DE-2 form has to be filled; this form can be found on the online portal/website of E-Awas.
Ans. The form is approved by whoever is your department head, and then it has to be sent to the Directorate of Estates Delhi.
Ans. The official website is – https://esampada.mohua.gov.in/
Ans. The article above does state that the Aadhar Card is MUST, to fill the DE-2 Form with E-Awas Delhi.
Ans. The form should only be applied after a transfer or joining, not before.