When farmers and other landowners wish to sell or buy another piece of agricultural land or plot, they need land records that help prove the ownership of the land. In addition, one can also know the history of the land in question. Earlier, all Delhi land records were maintained by Patwaris. However, they were often not updated, and in some cases, data has also been tampered with. To avoid all this, the Delhi Government set up the Delhi Bulich online portal to get easy access to Bhulekh Delhi. In this article, we will take a closer look at Delhi land record and how it works.
Things we covered for you
Delhi Land Record / Bhulekh Delhi
Want quick access to all Delhi govt land records? Now you can log in to the official Delhi Land Records (Delhi Land Record Computerization or DLRC) website and get all the information you need. Also known as the Indraprastha Bhulekh, the site maintains a digitised Delhi revenue record.
Read: A Guide to Property Registration Fee and Stamp Duty in Tamil Nadu
This site was developed to weed away corruption and tampering with important land information. In Delhi, you can check all land records online or at the citizen service centres of each district.
Benefits of Bhulekh Delhi
- You get access to every minute detail of the land property.
- With the help of Bhulekh Delhi, the farmers can easily apply for a loan in any bank and can avail of crop insurance
- Land records are vital during the transaction of lands
- One can get unhindered access to land information online. You need a stable internet connection.
- There is no need to wait for hours at government offices
- The whole process is transparent, thus mitigating any chance of land disputes and future litigations.
- Easy to maintain and update the database regularly
Khasra Number Map Delhi
You must have heard about the term “Khasra”. However, many of us might not exactly know what it means. It is a land survey number that is assigned to a specific piece of land or property. For example, in cities, each land survey number has a particular plot allotted to them. This concept is also similar to the Khasra number and is there for all properties in India.
Earlier in villages, this khasra number was maintained by the Patwaris. However, now the Delhi residents can quickly get access to digital land records.
A little history
Do you know that the term “Khasra” is originally a Persian word? When Mughals ruled India, they organised all Indian land records for revenue collection. So, naturally, they used a lot of their native terms for their convenience. Even after Mughals left the country, these terms stood the test of time and are still relevant in today’s land revenue system.
Read: Allotment Letter: Types, Format of Writing & More!
How will the Delhi Khasra Map benefit you?
- You get information about the exact size and extent of the plot represented with the help of a map.
- You get information about the type of land as in the variety of crops cultivated there and its history for the last 50 years.
All this information from the map of khasra Delhi helps you know the history and the potential future of the piece of land. This enables you to make an informed decision as to how you should utilise the land.
Delhi Land Record by Khasra No
You can get access to online land records in Delhi by simply following these few steps:
- First, visit the official DLRC website and log in. If you are a new user, you have to Register first.
2) Select the appropriate district and click on the “View Records” button adjacent to it.
3) You will be directed to another page where you have to enter all the necessary details like District, Subdivision, Village and Khata Type.
4) From the drop-down menu on the Search Options button, select “By Khasra Number”.
5) Another pop-up window will appear where you can select the “By Khasra Number” option everywhere and then click on “View Khata Details” to get the required information.
Read: Everything You Need to Know About Property Tax Thane 2023
Delhi Land Record by Name
You can get access to online land records Delhi by simply following these few steps:
- First visit the official DLRC website and Login. In case you are a new user, you have to Register first.
- Select on your required district and click on the “View Records” button adjacent to it.
- Another web page will appear where you have to enter all the important information like District, Subdivision, Village and Khata Type.
- From the drop-down menu on the Search Options button, select the “By Name” option.
- Another pop-up window will appear from where you can select the “By Name” option. Then click on “View Khata Details” to get the required information.
ROR Delhi Land Records
RoR or the Record of Rights means that a piece of land legally belongs to a certain person. This is how the ROR Delhi land records look like:
The Jamabandi is a part of the Delhi revenue record document. This document contains several vital information regarding the legal ownership, the cultivation history of the land as well as several other land rights. These details are usually updated every 5 years by a Patwari which is then approved by the concerned revenue authorities.
Read: Property Card in Pune: The Official Record of Ownership
You can check all updated ownership records online through the official portal of the Delhi Land Revenue Department.
- Visit the official website.
- Now click on the “Jamabandi Details under PLR Act” option.
- Select your district and click on the “View Records” button.
- All details of the land owners will be displayed.
Khasra Khatauni Delhi
The khasra khatauni is a bit similar to the Khasra number because they are both related to land ownership. However, the khatauni number is more about the cultivators. You can get a complete history of the cultivators and the land where they are cultivating. When any owner gets hold of the land, it becomes a self-cultivated land in the Delhi land record information.
Bhulekh Delhi khasra khatauni online check
Follow these steps:
- First, visit the official website of the DLRC Revenue Department.
- Click on the option “Khasra Khatauni details under DLR Act”. Then this page will open.
- Click on the “View Records” option.
- Then enter the necessary details
- From all drop down menus click “by Khasra number” and then click on the “View Khata Details” option.
The Benefits Of Delhi Land Records Online
Given that almost everything is online today, there are several benefits of having the land record information on the Delhi Land Records website. You caneasily search for the land owner’s name by Khasra no. if you wanted to in a few minutes. Or you can easily check the relevant village and khasra details Delhi has within its territory. A few more benefits that you may not have known about are:
- Reduction of corruption with higher transparency with online digitized records
- Saving of time with online methods of quickly checking information
- Clear visualization of every Delhi bhulekh khasra khatauni and more, with defined land maps and boundaries of properties
- The database online is easy to maintain in a regular way
- Official sales records are always present on the website instead of fraud
- Landowners can easily track their land’s details
- Loan approval processes have become simpler due to the easy accessing of land records online by lenders
A Vital Checklist
Have the following details ready at hand to check the record of any property or land in Delhi:
- The Khata no. or Khewat no.
- The Khasra no. if you are in a rural area
- The Jamabandi no. (another name for Khasra no.)
- The name of the Division
- The name of the Sub-Division
- The name of the village
- The name of the owner of the property
List Of Vital Documents For Mutation Of Property
The following are an important list of document you may need for the mutation of properties in Delhi:
- Copy of the Sale Deed
- The NOC from the housing board
- Attested copy of the undertaking form from the person to be transferred on a stamp paper worth INR 10
- Attested copy of the indemnity bond on a stamp paper worth INR 100
- Copy of the Will
- Copy of any Power of Attorney documents
- Copy of any registered payments done to the local sub-registrar
- Any death certificate of the owner
- Composition fee of INR 50 and Apportionment fee of INR 100
- Receipt of the property tax clearance
Online Fard Delhi
A Fard is also known as the “Nakal Jamabandi”. In simple terms, it is basically a copy of the Record of Rights (RoR) of the land that contains all the land and ownership details. Now you can easily check the online Fard for all land records from the official Indraprastha Bhulekh portal of the Delhi Government.
Land status report Delhi
You can check the status of your land by visiting the official website. Then, you can follow the same steps while checking the land record.
Delhi Khasra map
This is the Khasra number map of Delhi.
You can click on the “Khasra Information” tab in the top centre and furnish the necessary details. For example, you will get all relevant ownership details.
As you can see, whether you are a property owner willing to buy another piece of land or a farmer buying an agricultural plot or even applying for farming loans- the Delhi land record is a vital piece of legal ownership document. The Bhulekh Delhi online portal has fewer chances of corruption and tampering with data, thus ensuring fair land transfers. Want to know more about property and land legalities? You can visit our blog section. If you feel you need further assistance with the process, contact the legal experts at NoBroker. Get quality assistance towards all your legal queries and get easy resolution to all your property problems. Comment on the blog and we will reach out to you.
Ans. During any transfer of land or buying/selling of agricultural land, the Delhi land records act as legal proof of ownership
Ans. It is a part of the Land Record of Rights Information. However, the jamabandi is not proof of ownership.
Ans. Visit the Indraprastha Bhulekh official portal of the Delhi government. There you can find all the information regarding land and properties in Delhi.
Ans. The Jamabandi numbers can range from 1-22 in the state of Delhi.
Ans. Khasra is about the land history and details, while Khatauni provides the full ownership details of the land in question.