Post Question
Home / Interior Design / Home Renovation / How much steel required for 1200 sq ft house?
Q.

How much steel required for 1200 sq ft house?

Comment

Answers

11 2021-10-27T17:48:55+00:00
While a housing unit in a gated community provides several facilities and amenities, they ain’t tailor-made. This is why some people like to construct their own home as it lets them customize their abode as per their convenience and preferences. If you are one of those people and wants to know about the construction cost for 1200 sq ft house in India, read below: Get in touch with the interior designers of NoBroker to get your home renovated Check out properties on NoBroker without paying any brokerage The cost of constructing a house varies as per different locations in India. However, Rs. 1000 rs. per square feet is considered an average rate of construction. 1200 sq ft House Estimate Medium-quality house construction costs Rs. 1,000 to 1,100 per square foot. So for a 1,200 square feet house, it’ll cost you around Rs. 12L to 13.20L. High-quality house construction costs around Rs. 1,500 to 2,500 per square foot. So for a 1,200 square feet, it will cost you around Rs. 18L to 30L. How Much Steel Required for 1200 Sq Ft House In India, the quantity of steel required for a small residential house, for ground floor building = built-up area × 4 kg. For 1200 Sq Ft House, steel quantity = 1200 × 4 kg = 4800 kg. Read more: What is a construction loan for a house? How to calculate construction cost per square feet? How much does it cost to build a 30×40 house? I hope now you know about the construction cost for 1200 sq ft house in India!
Steel and cement go hand-in-hand when we are constructing our home. We all know a house cannot be built without steel. Steel is used in the construction of buildings in different forms. And it is through these steel rods and bars that a building gets all the support and strength to stand tall on the ground. So, even if you are not an architect, you must understand how much steel required per square feet for construction.  The exact steel calculation is determined by the design, but if the design is not provided, it is based on a rule of thumb based on experience. Although the exact measure of how much steel required for 1200 sq.feet area has been explained quite clearly by Miss Jayati, so I would like to explain to you how or on what basis are those numbers derived or what all thumb rules are used for calculating the amount of steel required the construction of a house. Understand the correct proportion of steel required for your house with the help of expert advice from the Interior Designers of NoBroker.

How much steel required for 1200 sq ft slab?

Different types of criteria are used to determine how much steel is needed for a 1200 square foot house. 1) Structure type 2) Structure's purpose 3) Bar's type of diameter 4) Size, height, and length of the beam. 5) Foundation type is crucial. We must determine the amount of steel needed for the ground level of a conventional residential structure. For the steel calculation of every form of RCC structure footing, column, beam, and RCC slab, we employ many types of thumb rules.

How much steel required for 1200 sq.feet area?

Now to calculate the amount of steel needed for a 1200 square foot house, there are the following thumb rules. 1) A general rule of thumb is 80 kg/cubic metre of wet concrete for steel in RCC slabs. 2) A general guideline for steel in beams is 120 kg per cubic metre of wet concrete. 3) The general norm for steel in columns is 160 kilogrammes per cubic metre of wet concrete. 4) A general rule of thumb for steel in the foundation is 40 kg per cubic metre of wet concrete. 5) A general rule of thumb is 120 kg/cubic metre of the total estimated wet volume of concrete for steel in RCC structures. 6) A general guideline for steel in RCCS is 3.5 to 4 kilogramme per square foot of built-up area. If we focus on the final thumb rule number (6), the recommended range for steel in RC structures is 3.5 to 4 kg per square foot of built-up area. These are the thumb rules we must keep in mind to understand how much steel required per square feet. Read More: How Much Steel Required For 1000 Sq Ft House How Much Cement Required For 1000 Sq Ft House?
4 2022-10-27T20:07:10+00:00
Hey. I have spent countless hours browsing homes online and in-person. In the end, I decided to get my own house constructed. I started to calculate how much money I would need. I even hired a contractor and asked him steel requirement per sq ft, concrete and brick requirement.  Upgrade your home decor with nominal Home Interior Services from NoBroker Renovate your home with top-quality materials at NoBroker and grab a special discount The average cost to build a house will differ on the basis of the design of the house, labour, material used,real estate trend etc. Take a look at the table to know the average cost of a house in an urban area. The cost is calculated for houses with modern appliances and architectural flourishes.
Bedroom Count Average Cost
1 Rs.80,000 – Rs.400,000
2 Rs.100,000 – Rs.480,000
3 Rs.150,000 – Rs.800,000
4 Rs.200,000 – Rs.1,000,000
The price of steel per sq ft depends on the brand of steel being used. To give you an example, in COVID -19 pandemic, the price of labour and raw material increased. Experts noted that there was a 5% – 10% in raw material 2021 alone. You need to think of bricks, cement, concrete, sand along with the total price of steel required for construction. A brick wall being constructed without a steel column will cost you Rs 800 per sq ft to Rs 900 per sq ft on an average. If the brick wall is constructed with a steel column it ranges from Rs 900 per sq ft to Rs 1,000 per sq ft. I have made a calculator for a 1000 square foot house with various dimensions of RCC structure such as foundation, pillar, frame, and slab. Footing size = 1500 mm × 1500mm × 300 mm Length of footing = 1500 mm Width of footing = 1500 mm Height of footing = 300 mm Depth of earth excavation = 1500 mm Concrete size in footing = 1200mm×1200mm×300mm No of footing = 12 Wet volume of concrete in all 12 no of footing = 1.2 m × 1.2 m × 0.3 m × 12 = 5.184 m3 thumb rule for steel in footing is 40 kg/cubic metre of wet volume of concrete Steel quantity = 5.184 × 40 = 207 Kg 207 Kg of Steel required in footing RCC structure of 1000 square feet of house 2) column size = 300 mm × 400 mm No of column = 12 Height above dpc = 3000 mm Height above rcc slab = 900 mm Depth of earth excavation = 1500 mm Total height of column = 5400 mm Wet volume of concrete for all 12 column = 0.3 × 0.4× 5.4 × 12 = 7.776 m3 thumb rule for steel in column is 160 kg/cubic meter of wet volume of concrete Steel quantity = 7.776 × 160 = 1244 kg 1244 Kg of Steel required in column RCC structure of 1000 square feet of house. If you need help with steel requirement per sq ft, leave a comment below. Read more : Which steel is best for house construction in India? How much steel is required for a 1500 sq ft house? How much steel is required for a 1000 sq ft house?
1 2023-08-14T13:00:29+00:00
As a contractor, I frequently have customers as well as individuals generally asking me how much steel required for 1200 sq ft house. The total quantity of steel needed varies on a number of parameters, including the design, structural needs, and building codes, making it difficult to provide an exact estimate. For this, numerous calculations and general guidelines are needed. I will share everything that may be helpful for you to do the calculation.

How much steel required for 1200 sq feet area?

Follow the below instructions first to get the approximate quantity of steel required for 100 square feet area:
  • Calculate the thickness in feet.
  • Determine the wet volume by multiplying the square footage by the thickness in feet.
  • Now, the conversion of cubic feet to cubic meters must be done.
  • Take a steel mass of 80 kg and multiply it by the volume.
Let’s take a slab area as 1 square foot and 4 inch thickness for calculation.  Hence, wet volume = 1 sq ft x (4/12) ft = 0.334 cubic ft As we know, 1 cubic meter = 35.3147 cubic ft. Now convert the cubic ft into cubic meter. Then, 0.334 / 35.3147 = 0.009457 cubic meter. The total volume for 100 square feet will be 100 x 0.00944 cubic meter = 0.9457 cubic meter. So, for 1200 square feet, the total concrete volume =  0.9457 cubic meter x 12 = 11.34 cubic meter. As Deepanshu Jalan mentioned the first thumb rule stating steel required needs 80 kg per cubic meter of concrete. Then, the total quantity of steel required for 1200 sq ft = 80 kg x 11.34 cubic meters, which is approximately equivalent to 907 kg. I hope this answer on how much steel required for 100 sq.feet area helped you to calculate for any area easily. Hire a home interior expert to get exact steel quantity via NoBroker. Renovate your home by availing NoBroker Renovation services. Read more -  How much steel is required for 1500 sq ft house? Which steel is best for house construction in India?

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Flat 25% on Painting | Top Quality Paints | Professional Tools | Verified Partners
X
Home Cleaning Starting ₹359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
X
Enjoy hassle-free on time movement of your household goods.
X
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
X
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
X
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
X