Answers ( 2 )

1. Getting a house constructed under your own supervision is actually a surreal feeling. You are incharge of your dreams and want to get everything right. If you are someone who is in the process and worried about logistics, I can assure you that you’ll find all the help that you need here. I have been in the construction business for a long time so maybe this should help. I will tell you how much cement required for 1000 sq ft house.

How many cement bags required for 1000 sq ft house?

So it is easy for us to determine the quantity of cement needed to cover overall grounds. We have to determine a few things before coming to that number though. Here is what we consider:

• Structure type
    • Which type of grade of concrete is used
    • Height and length of beams and columns
    • What is the foundation type

Once we have determined all of this, we have some thumb rules to refer to. Since you have asked about cement required for 1000 sq ft house, here are a few logistics that you need to understand.

We’ll need to calculate the footing, column size, plinth beam size, roof wall beam size, and roof slab to know the total wet volume of concrete, let us say it is 37.31 m3 and dry volume of concrete which will be around 57.45 m3.

Let us say that we opt for M20 grade of concrete in which cement sand and aggregate ratio is 1:1.5:3

So the Cement quantity will be (1/5.5)×57.45 × 1440 kg/m3

Cement weight = 15043.4 kg

1 cement bag weight = 50 kg

Therefore, number of cement bags will be 15043.4/50 = 301

I hope this helps you understand how much cement required for 1000 sq ft house.

If you need help doing the home interiors, let NoBroker Home Interior Services take care of it at nominal cost

Read more:

How much kW is required for a house in India

How much bricks required in 1sq ft

How much cement required for 1 sq feet area

Book Best Packers & Movers with Best Price, Free Cancellation, Dedicated Move Manager

Get Rental Agreement With Doorstep Delivery, Super Quick & Easy

This is third

This is third

This is fourth

This is fourth

This is fifth

This is fifth

This is six

This is six

This is seven

This is seven

This is eight

This is eight

2. Hi Himanshu,

I feel the best way to know how much cement required for 1000 sq feet area is to sit and discuss with your contractor. There are many factors involved in determining the quantity of material required in construction of a house. Although, Nimish’s answer can give you an idea but he surely doesn't know about your exact requirements.  

How many cement required for 1000 square feet

Here’s my advice. To know 1000 sq ft cement required in construction, you should consider the following things:

• How many floors are you planning to build?
    • What is the cement quality that you are looking at?
    • What would your house structure and foundation look like
    • Should you be considering some extra bags?
    • What is cement grade and texture?
    • Who is the manufacturer?
    • Is there a trademark on the cement bags?
    • What is the net quantity/ weight offered?

I think these are the important questions you should ask your contractor. Based on this, you should go to the market along with him and choose the best cement for your house. I would also like to point out that to determine how much cement required for 1000 sq.feet area can also be determined by asking around other contractors and manufacturers to know the ballpark figure.

I hope this helps you.

Need home loan for renovations or new property? Seek expert help to get it faster here

Read more:

Which is the best cement for plastering

Which is the best cement for concrete

How to calculate cement in concrete

Book Best Packers & Movers with Best Price, Free Cancellation, Dedicated Move Manager

Get Rental Agreement With Doorstep Delivery, Super Quick & Easy

This is third

This is third

This is fourth

This is fourth

This is fifth

This is fifth

This is six

This is six

This is seven

This is seven

This is eight