Post Question
Home / Interior Design / Home Renovation / How many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house
Q.

How many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house

Comment

Answers

3 2021-12-01T10:46:57+00:00
There are different materials you need for construction. Materials like cement, sand, water and reinforcement bars are required to build a house. Other than this you need paint and tiles to finish off the construction. Since we purchase property of different sizes you might wonder how many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house. This is a very interesting question and since I am a Civil engineer I think I can answer this better than anyone else. You need cement to make your house concrete. By mixing water, sand, and aggregates you can make a mixture which will maintain the stability of your house for a long period of time. Now coming back to your query about how many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house, I think it will be better if I could show the calculation to get an estimation. (a) Area of the slab is = 1200 sq.ft = 111.48 sq.m (b) Thickness of the slab = 4" = 0.102m (Residential) (axb) Concrete's volume = 11.37 cu m Grade mix (M 30) : 1:1:3 Cement can get wasted around 2% to 3% while working on the construction. Approximate output can be considered 70% Therefore to get 1 cu output we need dry mix of 1/0.7)= 1.42 cu m If we add 3% wastage the total dry mix becomes 1.45 cu m The total density of cement is 1440 kg/cum and 1 bag has 50 kg of cement that 1440/50 is 28.80 bags/ cum. To get 1 cum of concrete output we require (1.45x 28.8)/ (1+1+3)= 8.35 bags The requirement is 11.37 Cu m Therefore the approximate number of cement bags required (11.37x8.35)  is 95 bags. I hope I could clear your doubt about the question of how many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house. Read more: How much paint is needed to paint a wall?  
2 2022-07-28T21:39:07+00:00
We all know that because of its adhesive and binding properties with both fine and coarse material, cement is one of the key components of concrete. To improve the durability and strength of concrete, a tiny amount of lime is also added to the concrete mix. Cement is crucial for every building job. But what we do not know is how to calculate how much cement required for 1200 sq ft house. Although Mr Amit has explained the method of calculating how much cement required for 1200 sq.feet area house, I am going to give my own input on that. Get the correct proportion idea for the cement required for your home by the expert Interior Designers of NoBroker.

Cement required for 1200 sq ft house?

Before we understand how much cement is required, we must know that there are certain factors which determine the quantity of cement required.
  • Type of structure (Framed/Load Bearing)
  • Object of the building 
  • Type of concrete grade utilised Dimensions of column height and beam length
  • The type of foundation is crucial.

Cement required for 1200 sq ft slab

We must calculate the number of cement bags needed for a ground-floor residential low-rise project. To calculate the amount of cement needed for each form of RCC structure's footing, column, beam, and RCC slab as well as for brickwork, flooring, and plastering, we employ various sorts of thumb rules.
  • 0.301 cement bags per square foot of built-up area in a low-rise ground-floor residential structure is a general norm for concrete in RCC concrete.
  • A low rise bottom floor residential building should use 0.089 cement bags per square foot of built-up area when using cement bags for surface ground flooring.
  • 1.26 cement bags per m3 of 9-inch brickwork is the general principle for cement bags in exterior wall brickwork ( cement sand ratio 1:6)
  • 1.28 cement bags per m3 of 4.5-inch brickwork is the general figure for cement bags in interior wall brickwork ( cement sand ratio 1:4)
  • The general rule for cement bags is 0.017017 cement bags per square foot of plastering.
  • The general rule for cement bags is 0.0086 cement bags per square foot when plastering inside.
  • The general norm for cement bags is 0.0051 cement bags per square foot of plastering.
So, cement required for 1200 sq ft house is determined by the amount of cement required for RCC Concrete, brickwork, flooring, septic tank, stairs, and plastering taken together. I hope now you understand how much cement required for 1200 sq ft house. Read More: How Much Cement And Sand Required For Plastering? How Much Cement Required For 1000 Sq Ft House? How Much Cement Required For 1 Sq Feet Area?
0 2023-08-25T20:21:06+00:00
How many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house varies on a variety of variables, including the number of levels, the method of construction, and the thickness of the walls. Cement is typically used in construction for a number of things, including the foundation, walls, columns, and beams. 

How much cement required for 1200 sq.feet area?

• The amount of concrete needed is determined by multiplying the slab's area by its thickness:
In this instance, the slab has a 1200-square-foot surface area and a 4-inch thickness. Therefore, the amount of concrete needed is: Volume of concrete = Area of slab * Thickness of slab = 1200 sq ft * 0.16 ft = 192 cu ft
  • Determine how many cement bags are needed:
The quantity of cement needed is determined by dividing the amount of concrete needed by the volume of one bag of cement. One bag of cement normally has a volume of 50 litres or 1.1 cubic feet. Therefore, the necessary quantity of cement bags is: Number of bags of cement = Volume of concrete required / Volume of one bag of cement = 192 cu ft / 1.1 cu ft/bag = 175 bags
  • Add 10% for waste:
Add 10% to account for waste whenever possible. The reason behind this is that some cement is always wasted during the mixing and pouring processes. Cement is therefore needed in the following quantity: Number of bags of cement = 175 bags + 10% = 192.5 bags Consequently, the answer to the query, how many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house is 192.5 bags. Remember that these figures are only approximations and may change depending on local building customs, the type of cement employed, and the labourers' skill levels. Consult your architect, engineer, or contractor for a more precise estimate that is suited to your particular project. Get an exact estimate of the number of cement bags from the NoBroker Renovation services Read More: How many cement bags required for 1200 sq ft house? Which Cement is Best for Slab in India?  How to Use White Cement to Fill Gaps? What are the advantages of combined footing with reinforcement?

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Flat 25% on Painting | Top Quality Paints | Professional Tools | Verified Partners
X
Home Cleaning Starting ₹359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
X
Enjoy hassle-free on time movement of your household goods.
X
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
X
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
X
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
X