Post Question
Home / Buy and Sell / Investment / Is a 3000 square foot house big?
Q.

Is a 3000 square foot house big?

Comment

1Answers

0 2022-07-11T18:07:48+00:00

โ€œIs a 3000 square foot house big?โ€ was one of the first questions that I asked my broker when he told me about a 3000 sq. ft. house. He told me that houses of 3000 sq. ft. are big enough to create a luxury home that can suit almost all families. I also did my research and this is what I found out about 3000 square foot house plans:

It can be difficult to gauge just how big a home is on basis of the square footage alone. Apartments/buildings are constructed in many cities as per the building bye-laws that are acceptable by the local authority. Your local municipal corporation will allow you with some restrictions and limitations. So you canโ€™t construct as many floors as you want in given plot size.

The number of floors will depend on many factors like the economical level of society, parking area, size of plots, etc. One major factor is FAR (Floor Area Ratio) or FSI (Floor Space Index) which decides how many floors can be constructed in a given area or plot size. FSI is a permissible floor area that can be covered while building a house on the land. FSI is fixed by the municipal corporation of the city.

Make 3000 Square Foot House Plans Easily with the Help ofย  NoBrokerโ€™s Interior Designers!

How many floors can you construct in 3000 square feet?

The number of floors in a 3000 square feet size plot will all depend on the FSI or FAR. FSI values are generally represented as 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, and 1.

Letโ€™s say the approved FSI in your area is 3, then, you can construct a building of 3000 x 3 = 9,000 sq. ft. of area. A typical 3 BHK can be constructed in approx. 1000 sq. ft. of area. So, as per my knowledge, youโ€™ll be able to construct 9000/1000 = 9 flats i.e., Three 3BHK apartments per floor.

I suggest you check the building bye-laws and FSI in the area from the local development body before making 3000 square foot house plans.

Read more:

What is FSI in Real Estate?

How to calculate built up area from FSI?

How to make house plan?

How to calculate house plan measurements?

ย I hope I cleared all your doubts regarding 3000 square foot house plans.

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Flat 25% on Painting | Top Quality Paints | Professional Tools | Verified Partners
Home Cleaning Starting โ‚น359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
Enjoy hassle-free on time movement of your household goods.
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto โ‚น10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |